It’s time for the MTA Health and Safety Summit! In every school, educators are talking about different forms of violence in the schools and the lack of accountability. We have an opportunity to come together and discuss what is happening and what we could or should do to address this. This event is FREE with FREE transportation!
We have reserved a bus to go to Worcester, Saturday, May 20th for the Health and Safety Summit. Please help us fill this bus!! Call or text MTA Field Organizer, Lisa Lemieux at 508-436-0774 and let us know if you can join us and help recruit.
I am sharing this information with the hopes that members attend.
Here is the link to register for the summit:
Here is the link to a Google Form to reserve a space on the bus: https://forms.gle/L2EcfZqeQjGyL7y5A
We (MTA) will send out a Hustle text message with this link to sign up for bus pick up.
MTA members will have an opportunity to:
- learn about the state of occupational and environmental health in our buildings across the state.
- name the concerns they have.
- listen to solutions that have been posed and work that others have done.
- build a statewide movement of health and safety committees that can respond to current issues and experiences.
- advocate for resources while prioritizing inclusion.
The tentative bus schedule is:
- 6:30am (Pick-up #1) – Depart Mass Highway Park and Ride, Mt. Pleasant Street, 1038-1048 Mt Pleasant St, New Bedford
- 7:00am (Pick-up #2) – MTA Raynham office, 756 Orchard Street, Bluestone Bank lot #3
- 9:00am to 1:00pm – Event
- 1:30pm – Depart Worcester, MTA Office, 12 E. Worcester Street